Friday, February 8, 2008

Brian's Birthday Cake

Tuesday night is always bolwing league with two other couples that we also play kickball with. Brian's birthday was this week, so I thought I would bring a treat to bowling. I asked Brian earlier what his cake like and dislikes were and he mentioned pineapple upside down cake. I had a great recipe from my mom for that cake, but the instructions were kina cryptic so I had to call her and make sure all the details were correct. I thought it turned out fabulous and it's pretty easy.
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
-1/4 c butter
-2/3 c brown sugar
-8 marachino cherries
-1 can sliced pineapple rings
-1 c flour
-3/4 c sugar
- 1 1/2 ts baking powder
-1/2 ts. salt
-1/4 c butter
-1/2 c whole milk
-1 egg
Whipping cream to garnish
Preheat oven to 350. Combine butter and brown sugar in deep oven proof pan. Melt butter and sugar together and add pineapple to pan with cherries placed in the middle of the rings. Combine next 7 ingredients and make batter. Pour batter into pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. Flip when warm onto plate and serve with whipping cream.

Right out of the oven.

Getting ready to travel to bowling league.

Brian and his cake.

No comments: