Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Immersion Blender

This Christmas I received one of my kitchen dream toys....The Immersion Blender from Tim's parents. Right after Christmas I ran to my favorite soup cookbook "The Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special" and found the spicy carrot peanut soup recipe I love. I also used the great chopper attachment for my blender that Nancy (Tim's mom) had given me a couple of months ago. The immersion blender was fantastic.

Spicy Carrot Peanut Soup
1Tbl oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 pounds of carrots, peeled and sliced
1 celery stock, thinly sliced
1 ts salt
1 ts chili paste
6 cups water or chicken broth
2 Tbl peanut butter
3 Tbl soy sauce
2 Tble lime juice
In a soup pot on medium heat, warm the oil and add the onions, carrots, celery, salt and chili paste. Saute on high heat for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the water or broth, cover, and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until carrots are soft, about 25 minutes. Stir peanut butter, soy sauce, and lime juice. With the Immersion Blender or a blender of your choice puree the soup and reheat if necessary. Serve with lime wedges.


Chopping the carrots

I'm like Spiderman with a blender.
Seriously, blending this soup was so much fun.

Up close and personal.

Looking at the underside of the blender.

The finished product.

No comments: