Monday, November 10, 2008

Things Accomplished

I have to say that Tim and I are a great team. We have really accomplished so much in the last three months I really can't believe it. We're ready and when I say ready it mostly likely means more ready than most people I know would be when they are expecting their first child. I mean the OCD came on really strong in the last month. Tim was a total trooper and stuck through my crazy mood swings and never ending list. Besides cleaning the kitchen everything else on our list is done! Just to show how completely insane I am I'm posting a list below so you can all laugh at me.

Sarah's List
-Clean pantry, dinning room, living room, hall, stairway, bathroom, baby's room and our bedroom. This included hands and knees, floor to ceiling, take everything out, sort through it and put it away, get rid of the excess, and wash cleaning.
-Clean drapes in every room.
-Go through new and used baby clothes and wash.
-Wash cloth diapers.
-Finish thank you's.
-Clean and prepare front garden for winter.
-Mow lawn.
-Finish birth plan.
-Finish phone tree list.
-Take two birthing classes.
-Try to see all our friends one last time before F comes.
-Go out of town every weekend until the beginning of November.
-Attend car seat clinic.
-Pick pediatrician.
-Volunteer

Tim's List
-Clean basement.
-Clean and put away backyard garden items.
-Finish furnace items including rebates and repairs.
-Clean and detail car.
-Install car seat and go to car seat clinic.
-Pick pediatrician and meet him with a list of detailed questions that your wife has provided you with.
-Install bathroom fan, which isn't the easiest when the electrical wiring in your house is super old and weird!
-Volunteer
-Move everything and anything your crazy wife wants you to at any point during any day and make sure to drop any project your working on right that minute or else she'll get pissed.
-Try to stop your wife from cleaning so much!
-Hug your wife as she cries for the 5th time that day looking at baby clothes.
-Go out of town every weekend because your wife wants to even though you would rather sit at home and enjoy the peace and quiet before the Franklin Dallum storm hits.

Okay, okay I admit most of Tim's list has to do with taking care of me, but truly I couldn't have made it through all this without his never ending support. He's an amazing man and every day I feel lucky to have him in my life. He's going to be an incredible father and we're going to be an incredible team. I know we'll make tons of mistakes, but hopefully we're sane enough to laugh at them and move forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are so normal its not even funny:)