Thursday, November 6, 2008

OBGYN Update!

We had our OBGYN appointment today with Dr. M. I told him about all the contractions and pressure I've been feeling since our last appointment 2 weeks ago. I also told him that I've pretty much given up cleaning, which is a huge change from even last week. I noticed this as we were driving to the appt today. I just don't have the energy to do anything anymore and I can't ever get comfortable. Although I got up off the bed to go grocery shopping last night! Anyways, Dr. M gave me the Group B Strep test and checked me. No, I'm not dilated at all, but my cervix is very low. He did an ultrasound and confirmed that the head is down and we watched Frankie's heart for a little bit. I'm measuring 37.5cms and I'm 36.5 weeks. He said that was fine. He noticed my water retention and lack of circulation and said told me my body was getting ready and it wouldn't be long. Then, he decided to put me on a fetal monitor to watch Frankie's heart beat. Because I have G. Diabetes the placenta is more likely to not be able to support Frankie as long as it should. So, I sat for about 15 minutes and watched my boy kick my belly as his heart rate went up and down. I also had a couple of mild contractions while I was there. Dr. M has requested that I have a Biophysical Profile (BPP) next Friday. Here's a quick definition:

A biophysical profile (BPP) test measures the health of your baby (fetus) during pregnancy. A BPP test may include a nonstress test with electronic fetal heart monitoring and a fetal ultrasound. The BPP measures your baby's heart rate, muscle tone, movement, breathing, and the amount of amniotic fluid around your baby.

My next OBGYN appt is Tuesday, November 11th. Mom comes in 8 days!

No comments: