Saturday, September 29, 2007

Asian Noodle Pasta Salad

It's always weird when I'm watching a show on the Food Network and I realize that they are making a recipe that I use all the time. It's one that one of my friends showed me years ago before Ellie Krieger talked about it on her show. You'll find her original through this link at the Food Network website.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_36604,00.html?rsrc=search

Asian Noodle Pasta Salad

You can find most of these ingredients in your local Asian food store. I really like United Noodles located about a miles away from our house. http://www.unitednoodles.com/

4 ounces soba noodles

1 /2 red onion thinly sliced

1 large carrot,shred

1 red pepper, julienne

1 handful of broccoli florets, steam

1 avocado

Any other great veggies you have in the house

2 TB of sesame seeds

1/2 cup cilantro

Dressing: rice vinegar, teaspoon sesame oil, one clove of finely minced garlic, ginger grated or cut very thin, soy sauce.

Usually, the packs of buckwheat noodles come in little bunches--I use 2 for this recipe. Boil water and add noodles and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Rinse with cold water immediately. Add veggies, sesame seeds and cilantro. To make the dressing use another bowl. Add ginger, garlic, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and soy sauce. You'll notice I didn't give any measurements for the dressing. That's because I really think it's up to the cook to decide how sweet, tart or spicy the dish is. Mix the dressing ingredients and pour over noodle salad. Remember to save a little for later and not to drown the noodles in dressing. You can always add more later.

No comments: