Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Janet Strikes Again...


Okay so I love all of Janet's recipes. Honestly I have to say I use one or two of her recipes every week and I don't get bored. I came across this recipe searching for some ways to use the saffron the my friend RW gave me recently. Her mom went on a cruise in the Mediterranean and came back with some great spices---thank you Joyce! You can see the original recipe below in a link to Janet's site. I modified it a little, but it was super easy and fast.



Saffron Chicken with Peppers

1 package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs

Salt and Pepper

Red pepper flakes

2 tbsp olive oil

1 large onion, chopped

1 large red pepper, sliced into strips

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 cup long grain rice

1/4 tsp saffron threads, crushed

1 1/2 cups chicken stock

1/2 cup dry white wine

Several green olives with pimentos, chopped

1 Handful of frozen peas

Some flat leaf parsley


-Season chicken and sauté in olive oil over medium-high heat until browned. 5 minutes per side.


-Remove chicken to a plate and leave drippings in pan.


-Add red pepper, onion, and garlic S&P and red pepper flakes. Sauté until vegetables soften


-Stir in rice and saffron. Add the water, white wine and olives. Bring to a boil. Place chicken thighs and peas back into mixture, cover skillet and simmer for 25 minutes.

No comments: