Sunday, March 2, 2008

Cookie Bars


I made these Friday night for some friends who came over for dinner. Pretty basic an easy recipe with a play on cookies. For some reason my cookies never really turn out that great so it's nice to have a quick and easy alternative. I made the bars again last night for Tim's b-day only I substitute butterscotch chips for semi-sweet chocolate chips. Good change, but I think I'll stick with the chocolate.
Mom's Cookie Bars
-1 stick butter, softened
-1 1/2 c brown sugar
-1 c sugar
-2 eggs
-2-3 Tbl milk
-2 ts vanilla
-1/2 ts salt
-1 ts baking soda
-1 3/4 c flour
-2 1/2 c oats
-1 12oz bag of chip (chocolate or your choice)
Pre-heat oven to 350. Cream together first 6 ingredients. Add dry ingredients. Dough will be really tacky, but make sure it's not dry if so add a little more milk. Add chips. Press into rectangular baking pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cut squares when cool.

No comments: